iPhone XS Max Allegedly Catches Fire in the US

A man in the US is claiming that an iPhone XS Max caught fire earlier this month while in his trouser pocket. According to Josh Hillard from Columbus, Ohio, the incident happened on December 12 while he was on his lunch break at work, when he smelled something burning and noticed green and yellow smoke coming out of his pockets.

A colleague of his is believed to have used a fire extinguisher to douse the flames after rushing into the room to assist him. As per iDrop News, Hillard had bought the phone just three weeks before the incident.

While Hillard has been offered a replacement phone by Apple, he apparently isn’t happy with the company’s response, and is said to be looking at legal options to get compensation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *